Linux Driver for
Emulex LightPulse Fibre Channel HBAs
This device driver provides the sources for Emulex's LPFC (LightPulse
Fibre Channel) family of HBAs. The source base is developed and tested
specifically for the 2.6 Linux kernel. This driver is derived from
Emulex's currently shipping driver which supports several application
and storage providers.
SourceForge Project Summary
Emulex will be working with the open source community with the
intention of achieving acceptance of this source into the upstream
Emulex will also continue to work with application and storage
provider partners, many of whom are active members of the open source
community, to evolve the code base to meet both upstream kernel and
continuing business needs.
- Common Unix OS abstractions will be removed. Replace the current
abstractions that support multiple UNIX Operating systems with a
- All 2.4 Kernel-specific functionality will be removed.
- Emulex is working on a compatibility file to account for various
kernel support requirements and to minimize ifdefs.
- Investigate migrating the internal driver queuing to the Linux
SCSI stack design for command queuing.
- Rework the driver's data structure typing to eliminate
typecasting as much as possible in the source.
- Support other 2.6 Kernel features going forward such as:
- Enable target probing from the driver
- PCI probing changes/hotplug
- Use mempool API
- wait_queue changes
- Investigate use of completion events
- Investigate use of tasklets or work queues for slow path (e.g. discovery)
Last Updated: $Date: 2004-03-10 17:09:21 -0500 (Wed, 10 Mar 2004) $